Bored Housewives Network

Getting through the day, one bonbon at a time.

Friday, November 18, 2005

A link, and all about meeeeee

I wrote a post (inspired by Tamra's post) about whether the shared bond of motherhood is enough to forge or maintain a friendship. Well, it was supposed to be about that, but I ended up rambling quite a bit.

Now, here is a little bit about me. I was raised in suburban Southern California, which means I say "like" and "you know" far too often and have absolutely no tolerance for cold weather. I have an older brother and also a younger half-brother whom I've met only once. I had a somewhat chaotic and definitely white-trashy childhood involving much moving back and forth between my divorced parents, many rides to school on the back of my dad's motorcycle, and the occasional eating of Spam. Just before high school I moved to Northern California, where I still live.

I met my husband C at work nearly nine years ago. We've been married for 2 1/2 years, and he rules. We have a gorgeous 7-month-old baby girl, A. (Both C and A have full names, but I don't mention them online to decrease our Google stalkability.) We live in suburbia with our many cats, plus whatever neighbor cats can sucker me into feeding them. Until I got married, I had never traveled outside of the U.S. (I know! Not even to Canada!) Since then I've been to Costa Rica, France, Italy, and Belgium.

Due to a lack of funds, I never finished college when I was younger. I have been laboriously attending online classes for the past several years in the hopes of getting a degree before I'm forty. I haven't really had what you would call a career. I held a number of retail jobs, then admin jobs, then project coordinator jobs. The only thing I've ever really wanted to do for a living is write. These days my only job is taking care of baby A, which frankly keeps me busier than my "real" jobs did. I feel extremely lucky that I get to stay home with her given that we live in one of the most expensive areas in the U.S.

Let's see, what else? I like Miss Manners, everything from the 1980s but particularly the music, toffee candy, and singing in my car. I dislike brussels sprouts, when people say "myself" instead of "me" or "I," and books by Nicholas Sparks. I think that should cover it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home