Bored Housewives Network

Getting through the day, one bonbon at a time.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

I'm being replaced

Last night, the Bee went on her first sleepover. I actually managed not to call until about 8:30 this morning to see how it went. Like all sleepovers, it didn't feature much sleep. Also, in addition to making sundaes last night, her best friend's mom also made pancakes & bacon this morning. Regular readers of my blog know that I never cook--making blueberry muffins from a box is a big step for me.

After she came home, we had to go out to run a few errands, and the Bee began to tell me how she'd love to live with her best friend (we call her Peony in the blogiverse), and to ask why can't she just move in with them. I said, "because I love you too much and I would miss you. I missed you when you were just gone for one night!"

The reality is that the Potato and I had just rattled around the house all morning, once landisdad had gone to work. It's empty here with just a toddler. I know that those of you who have toddlers will find it hard to believe that a space that contains one can seem empty, but it's true. I never thought I'd turn into one of those people who wants their kid to live at home through college, but after last night, I might consider it.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Tammy said…

    I know that those of you who have toddlers will find it hard to believe that a space that contains one can seem empty, but it's true.

    Ha! You called it. I totally don't believe you. Heh.

    I never thought I'd turn into one of those people who wants their kid to live at home through college, but after last night, I might consider it.

    Ulp. I've had the same thoughts. Fortunately, I think we've got our kids' teen years to help change our minds.

     
  • At 12:36 AM, Blogger ... said…

    Finn's been shopping around for an alternate mom for years. I remember when she was 2 1/2 and we took her to the beach. As soon as she hit the sand she raced up to another family and joined them on their blanket. No amount of coaxing from her father or myself could convince her to come sit with us. We couldn't help but take it a bit personally and spent several hours glaring jealously at the other obviously cooler family who assured us they were than happy to entertain our darling daughter.

    Nowadays, she assures me that we will live together forever with her adopted daughter from "Guacamole". Should be fun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home