Bored Housewives Network

Getting through the day, one bonbon at a time.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Things I'm Loving Lately

The Gruffalo.
I love this book! My sister-in-law brought it over for Nile when she visited from the UK last summer. It's a favorite of Nile's and mine, too. The people who wrote it also have several other kids books, but I like this one the best.

The Learning Tower.
I love this thing! I just did a post on my blog about it... it's a neat little gadget that you put up against the counter in your kitchen & your child climbs in to be up at your level. Since we got it it's been a lot easier to get dinner prepared or dishes washed because he is able to be participating with me helping out or playing with play dough (as opposed to squawking on the floor for my attention). It's really great.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:28 PM, Blogger Tammy said…

    I LOVE the Learning Tower. I would get one in a heartbeat if we had (a) the kitchen space to house it, and (b) the counter space to allow Sam to help with meals. Oh well.

    I did recently order him a cool wooden play kitchen with a super-cool set of pots and pans and cooking utensils, plus an assortment of wooden food from Melissa & Doug (all from this site, which is AWESOME). Because, you know, he's never going to learn to bring us breakfast in bed if we don't start training him. If only Melissa & Doug made a bartending set...

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger landismom said…

    My god, if only I could get the bartending set! DG, you genius, you should totally market that.

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    i LOVE Melissa & Doug. their toys are amazing. have you seen all the fake food sets? fake pizza, fake sushi. love it.

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger Cataclysm said…

    Hey Melissa!

    I saw your Learning Tower and thought I'd just improvise with a stool... worst mistake of mothering career this year! Now Rian wants to cut things up on his own, he can get into the cutlery drawer on his own (which I discovered when I saw him playing with scissors), and is just generally an inquisitive pest at counter-level! And we nearly lost my Favorite mug to some over-zealous arranging!

    Anyway, in a frustrated moment on the weekend after I had to save a couple of his fingers, we banished the stool to the basement. I hatessss the Learning Tower! There’s a good reason our children are short!

    … ah well, we might give the stool another go when I can cope or can keep a tidier kitchen, whichever comes first!

    And LOVE your blog by the way!
    Kris

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger susan said…

    The learning tower rocks! We love ours, too.

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    oh dear, kris....the good thing about the learning tower (vs. a stool) is that it's heavy & bulky so the kiddies can't generally move it about on their own... so, i pull it up to the counter when i want him up there & i pull it aside to a safe-zone when i don't want him messin' around. trust me baby, the learning tower rocks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home