Bored Housewives Network

Getting through the day, one bonbon at a time.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Announcing: "Ask a Bored Housewife"

Did you guys know that people other than us come to this site? And did you know that some of them don't even have kids? Internet success! We have arrived!

A while back I got an email from Wing Chun, who puts the "erst" in "erstwhile," in which she laments the lack of recognition of our childfree readers:
I just feel that the childless are underrepresented on your site. And I feel that there are a lot of people like me, watching their formerly-also-barren friends become parents and totally not getting a lot of what that entails.
Not one to complain, Wing gets proactive and suggests a new (and, in my opinion, awesome) regular feature for BHN:
...a forum for people like me to write in with our burning yet ignorant parenting questions, and a real mom could answer it either seriously or jokingly (or both!). Questions could include "What's with this 'family bed' crap?" and "Be honest, because I swear I won't hold it against you: parents secretly think childless people are pathetic, don't they?"
Heh. Well, I probably shouldn't speak for all parents, but in my opinion any parent who loudly trumpets their superiority over a person who doesn't have kids is probably secretly insanely jealous that you guys get to do things like go to midnight movie showings on the spur of the moment and then come back and have sex on your staircase where you fall asleep and don't wake up until noon the next day.

Wing jokingly (I think) entitled this write-in column "A Barren, Childless Person We Secretly Think Is A Little Pathetic Asks..." but this title might require a disclaimer every time we use it so as not to offend the childfree folks. So maybe let's call that a working title until we think of something less... potentially inflammatory.

So come on out, childfree people! BHN staffers are standing by and waiting for your burning parenting questions! No question too trivial or stupid!

Just email your question to boredhousewivesnetwork [at] gmail [dot] com and I'll post it here for all the Bored Housewives to respond to.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Awesome! I'm in.

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger landismom said…

    Great suggestion. I can't wait to answer such questions as, "why do you smell like puke at work?"

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Anne-Marie said…

    "go to midnight movie showings on the spur of the moment and then come back and have sex on your staircase where you fall asleep and don't wake up until noon the next day."

    Reading this, I honestly don't know which of these things I would pick if had the choice - let alone doing all in one evening!!! It's blowing my mind, really. Midnight movie showings? Spur of the moment? Sex? Let alone on the staircase? Falling asleep til noon? Jesus, little children really suck the spontaneity out of you eh? (it's been a rough day in these parts...).

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Job! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home