Bored Housewives Network

Getting through the day, one bonbon at a time.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Ah, Shucks...

Thanks for the warm welcome Tammy, fellow Sam-mom. On that basis alone, you're cool in my books too (blush..). In point form, here's where I'm at:

* Originally from Onterrible (yup, I'm one of THOSE!) who moved out West post-uni. to get away from the parentals (let's be honest now).
* Worked in Lake Louise, AB for 3 years with hubby Neil - living the stereotypical life of ski bum. No responsibility, too much weed and hanging out with the elk...
* Moved to Vancouver 5 years ago and have decided this is far enough out East, we're here to stay.
* Have little one Samuel Arthur, almost 7 months ago after hellish end of pregnancy - 17 days late, 29 hours, emerg. c section - friggin' big head (hence the I love trouble shot). For the first few months, Sam was referred to as 'gangsta sam' 'cause of a distinct 'I'm gonna mess you up if you touch my momma' snarl. Is happy, content boy who laughs lots (except when in public, I find myself saying 'he's usually really happy!) except when teething (can we say 7 teeth in 7 weeks?! With another one on the way; that or happy child has turned into devil child...).

To be honest, WWWAAAYYYYY too much time of my day is spent dickin' around on the computer, which is how I ended up here... spent some time lurking in the background, but was having so much fun thought it was high time i join the party ('cause really, it's the only kind of partying I'm gonna get these days! Except for mom's night out... which is another story...).

Anne-Marie

4 Comments:

  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    17 days late??? Oh, you poor thing. My girl was 11 days late (as late as the doctor would let me go) and I was dying. Your Sam is quite a cutie. 7 teeth!?! Yikes.

    Welcome!

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger landismom said…

    Welcome aboard! I had two that were induced for 14 day lateness (as late as my doctor would go), and it was better the second time around.

    Love the onesie, and the expression. GRRR!

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Cataclysm said…

    Welcome Anne-Marie!!

    And y'know, you've mentioned that Sam used to look fierce but I just couldn't see it in your smiley handsome guy with the perfect shaped head... so love that picture! Any thoughts I had about messin' wid him are now gone!

    And please please please write a blog about life in Lake Louise so we can all live it a little!! I can only dream...
    Take care, Kris

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger Tammy said…

    Ha! Sam looks totally tuff in that second photo. What a mug! Love the antlers, too. He's a pretty adorable guy... though I guess he'd better be after that horrific labour. Holy smokes.

    And hey, we're hiding out from family, too! Maybe you and I are related. John and I love our mothers dearly, but it's not a coincidence that they both hate to fly and we live across the country.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home