Bored Housewives Network

Getting through the day, one bonbon at a time.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

I'm number 2! I'm number 2!

Finn: I'm in love.
Me: Really? With who?
Finn: Aleka. He's in my class.
Me: Oh? Does he love you too?
Finn: Well, he loves Bea, but when Bea isn't at school he loves me.
Me: And that's okay with you?
Finn: Yes, Bea hasn't had the chicken pox yet.
Me: Well, fingers crossed.

Yesterday when I picked Finn up from school she pointed Bea out to me. A year younger than Finn, pixie-like with blond hair to her waist - Bea looks an awful lot like a Disney princess. Younger, thinner, blonder...poor kid hasn't a clue that her life will be littered with Beas. Damn you, Bea. Damn you.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Tammy said…

    Pixie or no, Finn's a cutie-pie AND she's got more moxie than ten Beas. And I bet she could totally kick Bea's butt if it came to it. Er, not that I condone violence, much less fighting over boys. But I'm just sayin'.

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That Finn is one tough little cookie - I never seen someone climb the high diving board at the pool with such gusto. Proud to everyone else and a little whisper in my ear "my bum hurts". No Bea will stand in the way of what Finn wants. Watch out boys!

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    i just love your Finn stories.

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Cataclysm said…

    My Mom once said to me, "I'm glad you're not beautiful."

    At the time I was 17 with all the ravages of that time in life, crazy skin, glasses that my mom thought were 'practical', my ill-fitting thrift store clothes due to a emaciated clothing allowance.

    But I kinda understood what she meant. And I haven't yet met a grown-up "Bea" that I really like - not sure what that means but...

    Take care Finn!
    Kris

     

Post a Comment

<< Home