Bored Housewives Network

Getting through the day, one bonbon at a time.

Friday, July 07, 2006

More like the BUSY Housewives Network

I don't know about you guys, but I've been gunned these days. And I don't like it. No sir, not one little bit.

Given that not working is not an option right now, if there were one task I could get rid of that would make me feel less crunched, it'd be worrying about what's for dinner every night. Sometimes just thinking about having to plan and shop and prepare and clean up... well, it makes me wish for a future when all our nutritional needs will be taken care of with a single daily food pellet.

So, my fellow BHNers, what's the one job you'd happily get rid of these days?

4 Comments:

  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Oh, I am right there with you on the food thing. I am a horrible housewife when it comes to food. I can never think of anything good to cook and I find planning the menus, purchasing the food, and cooking it to be an immense chore. (And I used to like to cook, pre-baby.)

    They have these places here where you can go prepare several week's worth of meals and freeze them. This sounds incredibly appealing except that we have no freezer space.

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger landismom said…

    Well, landisdad does almost all the cooking, so I've already gotten rid of that one.

    I'd have to say it's picking up the approximately 1,671,985 tiny toy pieces and books from the floor of our home. Every day.

    Okay, I don't really pick them up every day.

    But I do think about it.

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger ... said…

    it just so happens that i have several chores i could do without...

    cleaning the cat box
    washing dishes (have to warsh by hand)
    cleaning the toilet
    dusting
    and, i could do without the vacuuming

    i sure hope finn comes to LOVE housework! man, that would be nice.

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Nicole Steeves said…

    I love, love, love my weekly grocery delivery service. In Chicago, the vendor of choice is Peapod. I don't believe it is available in BC, but a quick Google search showed several good leads for your local version. Peapod has recipes, drugstore items (including baby needs), fresh produce, and more. The prices are comparable to in-store shopping, and the delivery fee for $100 worth of groceries is only $6.95. Love.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home