Bored Housewives Network

Getting through the day, one bonbon at a time.

Monday, November 06, 2006

G*dd*mned M*therf*cking Daylight Savings Time

Am I the only person who's getting their ass kicked by the time change? Or more specifically, who's getting their ass kicked by their kid who seems to feel that 5:15 am is a reasonable time to wake up? Oh, not EVERY day, mind you... just the days that it's my turn to get up early and let the mister sleep in. How does he KNOW?

On the plus side, he's pretty chipper about it, if his frequent little visits over to the sofa to say "Hi! Hi! HI!" are any evidence. But you know how you feel about people who are super-chipper in the mornings while you're still trying to scrape the sand from the insides of your eyelids? Exactly.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger trophycase said…

    You're definitely not the only one. How do you set back those little biological clocks? Nothing's changed for them.

    But that bit about sleeping in for dad is strange. Strange as in unexplained phenonenon. I can see Seinfeld's team of psychiatrists rushing in to figure it out.

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger Anne-Marie said…

    I fell asleep one early morning this week, lying on the floor in Sam's room, using a package of disposable diapers as a pillow. It was waaaayyy too early to be up and I was trying to set a good example and remind him how it's done....

    Since he's such a nice kid, Sam laid quietly in his crib and let me snooze for about 30 minutes before reminding me that it was 6am and damn it woman, it was time to PLAY!!!!

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Tammy said…

    trophycase, I KNOW. He did it again this morning! Yesterday he slept in till almost 8 for my husband. And today? 6 am for me. What gives?

    Anne-Marie, your story makes me feel strangely comforted.

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Um...don't hate me. I probably should have mentioned this before the time change, but I have a plan for dealing with it. During the week prior to the time change, I adjust everything in A's schedule (wake-up, meals, naps, and bedtime) by 10 minutes each day. The week is often a little rocky but by the end of it, she's on the new schedule with nary a hitch.

    As for the waking up early, if A does it, I don't know about it unless she's really mad. She's often awake before I go in but she has a bunch of books and toys in her crib so she can amuse herself quietly until I come in. We have some white noise going so I can hear her if she's really yelling, but not if she's chattering.

    I meant for these to be helpful suggestions, not bragging. Seriously, don't hate me. She used to be a horrible sleeper. I've paid my dues, honest!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home