Bored Housewives Network

Getting through the day, one bonbon at a time.

Friday, February 24, 2006

I'm So Proud!!


Nile took his official first steps yesterday. The first one happened while Nick was at work. It was a tiny little step, but it was indeed a step. When Nick got home I reported the exciting news and he refused to accept that he had missed it. When I described the step to him he said "Well, if that counts as a step, then he did his first step with ME yesterday." I of course refused to accept that version of the events and told Nick that the step that I had witnessed was in fact the first step and he'd better just accept it. And then, as if to shut us up, Nile took three glorious, consecutive steps across the kitchen. It was the most wonderful thing, it brought a tear to my eye (really!!). And ever since he's been demonstrating his stepping power non-stop. He's still shaky, of course, but he's steppin'.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Anne-Marie said…

    Wow! How exciting! Sam's just learning how to cruise along the couch and that alone brings a tear to my eyes! Maybe I've just gotta get more sleep...

     
  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Wow, big news! Go Nile!

    I like the argument over whether he was actually walking. We tend to miss milestones at our house because we want something to happen unequivocally before we will say it has happened. Crawling happened somewhere around Christmas, she might be saying her first words now but we're not sure, etc. It's kind of goofy.

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger Tammy said…

    Good golly. Walking. That blows my mind. Wasn't it just the other day that all these babies were little tubs of goo we carried around in slings and whatnot?

    Also, I'm loving Nile's Karate Kid headband! Tuff guy!

    Other Melissa: I hear you on questioning milestones. Sam's been saying "Dada" for a while now, but we only recently acknowledged that it actually means something. Thing is, he doesn't just say it for "dad." It's his catch-all word for all non-Sam-and-mom creatures who live in our house, including his dad, our dog Dobbs, and our housemate Don. You can see where the confusion arises. Heh.

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger landismom said…

    Way to go Nile!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home