Bored Housewives Network

Getting through the day, one bonbon at a time.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My boy, the biped

Sam took his first steps today! Yay!*

Sam woke us up at 5:30 this morning! Boo!

This confluence of events has made me realize that -- not today, but someday -- Sam will wake us up at 5:30 am AND he'll literally hit the ground running. I don't know if I'll survive that day. I'm going to cherish this crawling stage for as long as it lasts.


*We almost missed the big event, too. We haven't been expecting Sam to walk any time soon, since he hardly ever bothers to stand unassisted, so you can imagine our surprise when out of our peripheral vision we saw this little shape stroll confidently by (until he fell on his butt). At first I thought the cat had learned to walk on his back feet. He's repeated this performance several times since then, and you can tell he thinks he's the shiznit every time.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger Anne-Marie said…

    AHHHHH!!!!! (My) Sam walked today too!!!!

    Yay to Sams!!!

    p.s. I'll write you all about it tomorrow - am off to bed!

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger Cataclysm said…

    Yea Sams!!!! My money was riding on Anne-Marie's Sam walking first (the baby with legs of steel) but then Doppleganger's Sam is always keeping ahead of the curve...

    So a tie! Love it!! Love the Sams!!!

    And I'm totally over the competition-thang if its about anything that will make my life more difficult! Like walking! Not encouraging that at all!! We'll just start coaching Rian on a 2nd language (Mandarin) now...

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger ... said…

    congrats sams! watching a kid learn to walk is crazy. the drive, the determination and the pay off. man, i wish i could concentrate on something so singularly again. i wish i could concentrate on anything, really. it would... yeah, i already forgot what i was saying...

    go, sams, go.

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Tammy said…

    Don't tell my Sam I said this, but I was totally betting on A-M's Sam, too. Go, Sams!

    Kris, I think you should get Rian a subscription to Forbes and an abacus. By this time next year, he could be acting as your financial advisor, or at the very least doing your taxes for you. Or something like that. He's definitely got some sort of plan percolating behind those baby blues.

    Anne-Marie, Libby just reminded me that babies often drop their good sleep habits right before they're about to try Something Big, so that could be why both the Sams have been a bit erratic lately.

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger Anne-Marie said…

    In the future, I see Rian managing all of Kris' 'properties'!!!

    Yeah, Sam had taken a few steps here and there but just took off last night - arms clenched, giggling away - man, to be that happy!

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wasn't he always a biped?

    (Also: well done, Sams.)

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger landismom said…

    Wow! Way to go Sams! That is so cool. Let the higher-up babyproofing begin.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home