Bored Housewives Network

Getting through the day, one bonbon at a time.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Parent Hacks

The mister just sent me the link to a new site called Parent Hacks. (For the unapologetically non-geeky among us, a "hack" is tech slang for a clever, unconventional solution to a problem.)

This site calls itself "a collaborative weblog of practical parenting wisdom," and it does seem to have some good tips. None for my biggest problem, though: how to convince Sam at night that my arm is not his pillow. I'm still waiting for feeling to return to my right arm.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger landismom said…

    Oh, yeah, we had the same problem with the kid sleeping only on an adult body part. My hack? It's like a band-aid, you just gotta rip it off.

    Trust me, I wish I had taken my own advice. Even if it isn't much of a 'hack.'

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Tallis Ford said…

    I love this parent hack website. I'm completely planning on implementing the draw closing velcro and the homemade cork cabinet locks. I absolutely despise the babyproofing stuff for sale with anti-aesthetic zeal. Now i get to at least copy a minimalist functionalist device!

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger Tallis Ford said…

    oops, sorry about that-- what was it about non-geeks among us. This comment was intended for the monster-proofing site below. Now i will go check out the parent hacks site.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home