Bored Housewives Network

Getting through the day, one bonbon at a time.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Blog Anonymously

I started my blog as an update for friends and family on my pregnancy and then the arrival of Henry. Although from time to time i wax poetic about subjects with more depth to them than our nap schedules, i've felt limited by my mommy blog for a little while now. Frankly it's a victim of it's own success. I run reporting software that gives me some idea of who's checking the site and while it's great to see those daily visit stats high, it's also a bit limiting in what i can blog about once i know grandparents, co-workers, etc. are reading up on Henry.

Of course plenty of other people would go forth with their content regardless of audience and feel they were being true to themselves. I feel like i'm being true to my etiquette-loving harming-enriching badass self by keeping things somewhat bland-- but hopefully well-written.

One of the reasons i was psyched to be invited to this blog network is that i feel like i can write about the topics i'm starting to accumulate that just wouldn't really do for the Henry blog. Nothing terribly juicy, just things that i want to deal with really openly in a way that maybe i couldn't knowing my GG was reading.

Of course this is not the night for these terribly controversial posts because i'm way, way sick and having a hard time getting sentences to come out straight. Just consider this an ode to the network that's been banging around in my head for awhile.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Cataclysm said…

    Wow, I was just feeling like a good parent again when I see your blog Tamra! You are amazing!! And if you don't mind, I'm totally going copy and do a site for Rian!!

    Wow!
    Kris

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Tammy said…

    I didn't know you had a separate blog! I feel so badly for not linking to it in the sidebar. I've added the link now, if that's cool with you, Tamra.

    (If I've missed anyone else, please let me know. If you don't have/want a separate blog, I can create a link to your Blogger profile.)

    I hear you on the web "privacy" issue. My family is not web savvy at all, but my co-workers are, which is why I NEVER talk about work issues online.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Wow, I'm impressed too! The family must love that. I am also torn about who to share my blog with. A couple of real-life friends know about it, but I keep that in mind and feel like I can never write about them. My family would enjoy some of the baby posts, but then I would never be able to say anything. I don't mention my husband's or daughter's full names (or even our cats'!) not because I'm freaked out about privacy, but because I don't want people to stumble across the blog via Google (my husband is somewhat known in his profession and is extremely Google-able).

    Henry is adorable, by the way.

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Tallis Ford said…

    Thanks guys for your comments and for adding my blog link in. I started the blog during pregnacy but copied the idea for the daily update from someone else, so copy away. Although it does limit what i can say based on audience, it really helps keep the family members and friends connected in since we don't really live close to any of them.

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I just accidentally ran across this blog and I am glad i did. I totally understand what you mean about knowing that certain people are reading and trying to keep it "clean" and family friendly. I am just about to the point of not caring anymore.

    It's tough!

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger IzzyMom said…

    Holy cow! You've been reading my mind. I've been having this debate with myself since I started my blog. Do I be true to myself and be as blunt and honest as I feel like being? Or do I temper myself on the off chance that one day someone I know could come along and discover they have stumbled across some secret portal into my psyche because I was dumb and put it all on the internet. I admire those who can just do it with total aplomb and not care. Congrats for having a place to be yourself ;-)

    ~Wizzy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home