Bored Housewives Network

Getting through the day, one bonbon at a time.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

from the mouths of babes

I was driving my daughter and her best friend home from a birthday party yesterday, and got a taste of what it's like to be a taxi driver. Every time I would interject something into the conversation, the back seat got really quiet, with a kind of 'oh, I forgot she could hear us' kind of vibe.

At one point, they started talking about what they were going to play when they got back to our house, and decided that they would play wedding (ugh!). After several minutes of back-and-forth about who would get to be the bride first, and who would get to be the boy, finally, my daughter said to her friend, "Okay, well then why don't you just be the guy who says, 'awful wedded wife'?"

Yes, why don't you say that.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:08 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Ha!

    Did you go to a wedding recently? I never played wedding when I was younger, although I did play that I had a machine that would do my hair and makeup for me.

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger ... said…

    i used to play wedding with a boy named chris dumonceau who lived across the street from me. well, we played until my mother found me kissing the groom dressed in her terribly slutty peek-a-boo nightie. what? it was hanging in her closet and it was white and gauzy!

    chris and i weren't allowed to play after that.

    the awful wedded wife takes all the blame as usual.

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger ... said…

    funny. just to clarify; the groom wasn't dressed in the nightie. but man, that would be a better story.

    damn grammar.

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger landismom said…

    No, but the Bee had been reading a chapter book about a girl who is a flower girl in a wedding--I'm pretty sure that's what sparked it. And ..., let me just say how happy I am that no one dressed up in any of my nighties (peek-a-boo or otherwise)!

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Cataclysm said…

    Love it!! "Awful wedded wife" - that kinda sums up my last year or so!

    Fairly Ok parent, but definitly awful wedded wife... I won't even start on the 'groom'...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home