Bored Housewives Network

Getting through the day, one bonbon at a time.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Pomp, and also circumstance

Sam is officially one year and one month old today, so I thought I'd finally get around to posting some photos of the festivities. The pomp, as you will see, was matched only by the circumstance.

Trust me, Sam is not all alone in the room. There were many people present, all arrayed safely outside the Mister's sneaky photographic periphery.

What's that? You want a close-up of that rather nifty cake? Why, here you go. If Melissa O lived about 600 kilometres closer, I'd have ordered one of her unbelievably gorgeous creations, but as it was I found a very nice local practitioner of the baked arts who does lovely work.
Sam takes his cupcake eating very seriously. He gets that from me.
Unfortunately, he made a sacrifice to the Dark Lord Grondor to get another cupcake. This is the unfortunate result.

My boy likes a party.

Sometimes, when you've been givin' 'er for hours, you need to take a quick five to rejuice.
Despite the fact that oh my god I'M SO TIRED, this is one of my favourite pictures of me and Sam. I didn't realize the Mister was taking our photo at the time, or else I'd probably have made a stupid face. I'm a bit of a picture ruiner that way.

8 Comments:

  • At 4:42 AM, Blogger landismom said…

    Great cake, and I love that expression on his face with cupcake number 2.

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger queen of the harpies said…

    Great cake! And you're both very cute.

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Anne-Marie said…

    Is it just me, or is that not a total paparazzi shot? You look like you're just about to kill the photographer - or maybe it's the lack of sleep coming through. However, it does make for a really nice shot, you're right! And all that food! Wow, I'm having flashbacks...

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    OMG, that cake is amazing!! i love it. and the pics of sam devouring cupcakes are too funny. happy (belated) birthday, sam!! (is it just me or are they going a bit crazy with the difficulty level of the letters you have to enter in to submit your comment? i had to try 3 times because the letters are so squshed together & damn hard to make out!)

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is definitely the BEST birthday cake I've ever seen.

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger Tallis Ford said…

    I know it's been forever since i've posted something meaningful, so i'll reconnect now by asking what color your walls are. I love them and we're currently in remodeling planning fury over at the new abode so i'm into all things 'decor.'

    I'm guessing something like Fall Apple Picking, but really, seriously, do you know the name?

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger ... said…

    just like his old man, he is. you both look smashing! happy bday sam and a happy surviving-a-whole-year-and-then-some to that lady holding you!

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    That cake is so cool! And you guys are adorable. You look so different in this picture than your profile picture! Much jollier (you look very serious in your profile pic).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home