Bored Housewives Network

Getting through the day, one bonbon at a time.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

CD exchange?

I'm about to burn a couple of (very awesome) kids' music CDs for Anne-Marie and Kris, and I got to thinking that maybe some of you guys would like to do a group CD exchange. Each of us could pick our favourite kids' CD, burn enough copies for everyone who participates, then mail 'em out. What do you think?

If you're interested, just email me at 50books-at-gmail-dot-com and give me your mailing address, say by this Sunday evening? On Monday, I'll send out a group email with everyone's mailing address, so you all know how many discs to burn and send out.*

If you're not interested, because you don't want to give out your mailing address to people you haven't met (no matter how charming they seem online) or because you have ethical issues with burning CDs (I have my own self-serving, long-winded rationale, which I won't bore you with here) or for whatever other reason, that is -- of course -- totally cool. As are you. Heh.

*I just pulled this approach out of my butt. If you guys want to suggest better ways we could do this, please do! We've got a few days to hash this out.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Cataclysm said…

    Yea!! Music! Our own torrents!

    I have:
    - African Playground (Putamayo) which if I had to grab one CD to save in a fire, it would be this

    - World Playgrounds 1 and 2 (also Putamayo)

    - African lullabies that my mom got in J'burg airport

    - Bruce Springsteen 'Devils and Dust' which is fab breastfeeding music (mental stimulation trying to figure out the words and subliminal anti-Bush messages)

    - Pete Seeger's Greatest Hits with sing-a-long classics like 'Little Boxes' about our mass-produced lives and the 'Talking Union Blues'(Rian can only use the word "bastard" if he's talking about a capitalist).

    Great idea D!!!

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Anne-Marie said…

    OMG - I am really behind on this kid's music thing. To be honest, the only cd I have for little ones is the one Tammy's about to make for me - is that bad? However, this sounds like a neat idea!

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    I also don't know how much I have to offer, but I'd love to participate! The only kids' music I own are two lullaby CDs, a Baby Einstein one and this one: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000IQ0M/ref=pd_sxp_elt_l1/103-9889352-4311018 (I didn't find it as magical as it claims, but it definitely makes me sleepy!).

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Tallis Ford said…

    I am completely up for this but want to suggest that rather than burning cds and mailing them out, we upload our "albumns" to a server and everyone can download them at their leisure. I'm in another group where we have 3 people make cds a month. We used to have each person burn 30 cds and mail them but the logistics became the biggest focus of the whole thing. One guy suggested doing it digitally and it's proven very easy. I can check into how we would get space to upload stuff and we can see if this might work for our group. In the meantime, i would like to be in on the cds you're going ahead and burning. I'll email you my address.

    Tamra

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Tammy said…

    Ooh, I should have remembered that, Tamra, but it totally slipped my mind... along with getting back to you on it originally. Sorry about that!

    I'm happy to hold off burning CDs until you look into this. Or not, if everyone wants to do the first CDs right away. We can always look into Tamra's suggestion as a long-term plan. I'm easy either way.

    And believe it or not, Sam just got an early Christmas gift in the mail and it's They Might Be Giants' "Here come the ABCs" CD. Coincidence?!?!

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger landismom said…

    I'd be interested in mix cds, personally. We have a bunch of Dan Zanes & a different TMBG cd, and I'd be happy to make a mix. (assuming they aren't all scratched up)

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Tallis Ford said…

    Why don't we burn the first batch and i'll let you know what i find out. I'm still under the weather and going to be travelling for work and the holidays so i might not get it all sorted out until January.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home