Bored Housewives Network

Getting through the day, one bonbon at a time.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

New Orleans Public Library Seeking Book Donations

I got this via email, and am cross-posting here and on my own blog:

The New Orleans Public Library is asking for any and all hardcover and paperback books for people of all ages in an effort to restock the shelves after Katrina. The staff will assess which titles will be designated for its collections. The rest will be distributed to destitute families or sold for library fundraising.

Please send your books to:

Rica A. Trigs
Public Relations
New Orleans Public Library
219 Loyola Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70112
ETA--a commenter on my blog says she checked, and they cannot be sent book rate, because only first class mail or better (UPS, DHL, FedEx) are being delivered in New Orleans. Sorry for the confusion.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Tammy said…

    landismom, you're my hero. I have four crates of books gathering dust in my hallway. I'm going to pick out some of the best ones and ship 'em down. Thanks for the info!

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger landismom said…

    No prob!

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi - I'm sorry to be a downer, but I'm a librarian and on a number of library listservs, and they're all saying the same thing: NOPL needs cash far more than books, and in fact can't really handle donations of used books. The latest update I've seen is this: http://nutrias.org/foundation/donationsfaq.htm

    again, sorry to barge in here...

    -Catherine Pellegrino
    Reference Librarian
    North Carolina State University Libraries
    catherine_pellegrino@ncsu.edu

     

Post a Comment

<< Home